Arizona special needs trust attorneys Richard Keyt, JD. LL.M (tax law) and his son former CPA Richard C. Keyt, JD, MS (accounting) created this site because they want to educate people about special needs trusts and they want to create a special needs trust for your loved one.

Special Needs Trusts

Hire Us to Draft a Special Needs Trust for the Special Person in Your Family

We are Arizona special needs trusts lawyers who solve the legal needs of families who have a loved one that has a disability. We work with you to design and implement a plan that provides for the security of your disabled love one. If you don't prepare now for who who will care and provide for your special needs loved one when you cannot bad things may happen to your loved one?

If your special needs loved one is receiving government benefits and cannot have more than $2,000 in assets wouldn't you like to be able to create a trust into which you can leave assets that can be used for the benefit of your loved one without causing a loss of government benefits?

Special needs people who receive AHCCCS, ALTCS, SSI, SSDI or Medicaid and who inherit or receive gifts of more than $2,000 will lose benefits. Unfortunately too many people mistakenly believe they must disinherit their special needs loved one to prevent the loss of government benefits. Parents and grandparents do not have to disinherit a loved one with special needs. They can create a third party Special Needs Trust and fund it during their lifetimes or after death and have the peace of mind knowing that the trust funds can be used for the benefit of their special needs loved one and not cause a loss of government benefits.

Many times a disabled person inherits a substantial amount of money or property, which causes he person to lose governmental benefits. The solution that allows the disabled person under age 65 to restore government benefits is to transfer the assets to a Special Needs Trust created under 42 USC 1396p(d)(4)(a), aka a (d)(4)(a) trust. These trusts must be created by a parent, grandparent, a court or a guardian.

Special Needs Trusts

Latest From Our Special Needs Trust Blog

News Stories March 21, 2016

A weekly roundup of recent elder law news and practice development articles culled from news sources around the nation as of March 21, 2016. Written Authorization Not Required for Arbitration Agreements Signed by Family, Court [...]

News Stories March 28, 2016

A roundup of recent elder law news and practice development articles culled from news sources around the nation on March 28, 2016. USA Today: Navigating Medicaid for Elder Care Can Be As Painful As the [...]

Medicaid Applicant Who Transferred Assets in Exchange for Promissory Note May Sue State

A U.S. district court holds that a Medicaid applicant who was denied Medicaid benefits after transferring assets to her children in exchange for a promissory note may proceed with her claim against the state because [...]